Sunday 23 March 2014

where to get best idly podi ?

Tamil Nadu people are famous for their idlies,dosas,chuttney and sambar. But addittional to all side dishes idli podi rules as uncrowned king. I often use to search where could I get the best idli podi in Chennai

As a food lover I could say National Hotel in Govindappa naicken street, near Pookkadai police station offers tasty Andhra style idli podi along with paruppu (( dhal)) podi , and thengai podi etc. ( 200 gms Rs 40 ))
A better taste was available at Mylapore Karpagambal mess. but that mess owner is a very greedy person and he has sky high prices for a low quality food, but however the podi was excellent but you have to place a price of 50 rs for 100 gms that is Rs 500 per kilo - a price more than a kg  Kaju Katli in the famous SREE MITHAI CHETPET.
Surely Karpagambal mess is a place of a very greedy owner
---------------
Yesterday with my family I visited Singaperumal Koil temple near Chengelpet. The temple has a small food stall where I bought a kall dosai with idly podi for Rs.20. The podi was the best, with a nal ennai( oil) cobination the podi gave dosa a taste of amrith.

No comments:

Post a Comment